“The Race Worldwide Adventure” is a game categorized as seek & find type, but as you could guess from its name has a characteristic that makes it pretty unique in its category: you will be in a race. The second characteristic that the game features is that it’s a team game. This doesn’t mean that you can’t play it alone, but opens the possibility that you play it in teams with family and friends. There’s something to mention though, and it’s that playing in teams doesn’t allows several players racing with each others. Instead, the team as a whole race against other teams played by the computer.
Anyways, the game offers two modes. If you don’t like to race you can play the relaxed mode in which you play alone and can take all the time you need to complete each level.
Besides the characteristics mentioned at the beginning, the game is another seek & find game, not very different to others games of the same category. Basically, you are presented with a specific scene, usually a mess, and provided with a list of objects that you have to find in that mess. So you have to look very carefully at the scene trying to locate those items. When you do, just click on the items to clear them from the scene and from the list. When you find all the listed objects you pass the level.
What makes the game more exciting is precisely the race context. On the bottom part of the screen you will be seeing a time line which looks like a racecourse, with all the racing teams on it. Every time you find an object, your icon will move forward, as the others teams do. So you can keep track of your position in the race at all times. The first team that reaches the goal wins the level. If you don’t reach the goal first doesn’t mean that you lose the game. You keep playing and the game goes scoring each team according to the results of each race. Then, you can see your position at the championship.
When you first enter the game, you’ll be asked for a team name and then you’ll get to the main menu with the following options on it:
- Profiles: the first time there’s no existing teams. After you create one or more, they’ll be saved. When you enter into this submenu, you’ll be asked for a name as a new team. It’s possible to have a list of different teams and record their performance. This way, you can play home tournaments with family and friends.
- Play: this option leads you to the game mode selection screen. You can choose between Challenge Mode (race) and World Explorer (relaxed mode). After that you’ll be reaching the first scene to play.
- Options: this is the menu from which you can set some game options like sound volume, music volume, and full screen.
- Exit: no further explanation required.
You can try this game for 60 minutes before you buy the licensed version. If you like it, you can buy this game for only 19.95 dollars, right from the Oberon Media Game Center, on the Web.
About the system requirements, is not that big computer that you need in order to run this game. Take a look to the list:
• 800Mhz Pentium III or better
• 128MB RAM
• Windows XP/Vista
- It’s very easy to learn how to play using the tutorial
- It adds the racing excitement
- You can buy it for an affordable price
- The interface is only available in English
- It’s not a multiplayer game
- Use on network is not supported